Thursday, August 28, 2008

Um, Really? Something Needs a Change.


Is anyone else worried that Presidential candidate Barack Obama stole his campaign slogan from a Disney channel movie, wait- not even a real Disney movie, the made for TV variety?

Yes, that is our favorite Ugly Betty, America Ferrera herself. Notice the catchphrase at the top of the poster. At least Barack translated it to English, although the Spanish may have helped him with the Latino vote though...not that he needs it.

Personally, I feel that any movie about a middle school dance team probably does not offer the best material for campaign speeches. I guess we know why Obama picked Biden now, he does know how to cover up a plagiarism scandal.

Obama, you've Gotta Kick it Up!


If I had to steal a campaign slogan from a movie:

"This country deserves a better class of criminal (cough) Politician." The Dark Knight

"You can do it!" Waterboy

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take Bush anymore!" Network

"Congress, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Casablanca

"As God is my witness, Nobody anywhere will ever be hungry again." Gone with the Wind

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame

What he'll say when everybody finds out he's simply Nancy Pelosi's political puppet:

"Well, nobody's perfect." Some Like It Hot

"There's no crying in The White House!" A League of Their Own

"I felt the need- the need for change." Top Gun

"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." On the Waterfront

"La-dee-da, la-dee-da." Annie Hall

1 comment:

lyn. said...

I totally enjoyed reading this instead of listening to the Democratic Convention... LOL