Thursday, January 3, 2008

I heart Sweeney Todd.


Never before has the Demon Barber of Fleet Street been so attractive. I've never been a Tim Burton fan, or for that matter Johnny Depp, After seeing Sweeney Todd I've come around. Nobody was more amazed that Johnny Depp could pull off a Stephen Sondheim, who has been known to write very difficult male parts, score more than myself. The rest of the cast is outstanding as well: Helena Bonham-Carter, Alan Rickman, Ed Sanders, Jamie Campbell Bower, Jayne Wisener, and Sacha Baron Cohen.

2 comments:

brittany said...

you saw this?! someday I will see it...i'll just have to watch it on clearplay. i'm glad that johnny pulled it off...i was a little worried too.

lyn. said...

I usually don't see movies until I can buy them and watch at home. Sweeny Todd will probably be in that category.

Disconcerting thought: if I continue in this same pattern, I am going to miss some movies that I wanted to see when I die...