Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 57

Amigos y Amados-

Everything is great in Ecaudor, I feel busy which is always a nice feeling!

This week has been great, we had zone conference which meant a lot of travel to Santo Domingo. President Sloan is still out of comission so it changed the chemistry a little. It´s not quite as fun, but we still get gigged up and inspired again. We really do have some great leaders and they work so hard for us.

The best news is the Julio Cedeño finally was able to get an interview with President Montoya (acting president of the mission) and we have a green light for his baptism. I´m so excited I can hardly stand it. I´ve never had an investigator so ready for the gospel. He may not know as much doctrine as others but he´s so incredibly prepared spiritually. I love that he feels the difference that the gospel brings. He said for the first time he can feel again. He is by far the best part of my days and weeks here in El Carmen. I´m literally bursting at the seams for Saturday when I get to see him all in white! Now I´ll have to work on getting him to go on a mission, he´s only 20 years old.

Fabricio Ibarra will also be getting baptized this weekend and he seems to be really excited too. He´s what they call a "little gift" in the mission because he wants to be baptized all on his own, no help from the missionaries or anybody else, makes it easy I guess! He has so many questions though, I´m not sure that we could answer them all if we spent every waking hour of every day with him...we are trying to get them all answered before baptism though!

We had 8 investigators in church this week! We usually only have about 3 so you can imagine how happy we were. We are getting a nice pool of new investigators and it is fun to be starting out with a bunch of new people. It´s like a clean slate all over again.

We are coming to the close of another transfer (just 2 more weeks) and I´m sure that I´ll be saying goodbye to my favorite companion La Hermana Del Águila, I don´t know what I´ll do without her! It has definitely been some of the happiest times of my mission! She´s been here six months though and it´s time for her to go.

Healthy and Happy in the Coast!

Hermana Whitney Tanner

1 comment:

Loquacious Leslie said...

Wow, a busy week! I am so excited for Julio and Fabricio-it must be so wonderful to see all the work and prayers come to fruition when they are baptised! Proud of you honey!